The tutorial is about how to draw a Mickey Mouse in easy steps for everyone who wants to draw it. Kids are the biggest fan of this happy cartoon character.
Mickey Mouse is perhaps the most famous cartoon character in history. His story began in 1928 animated short called Steamboat Willie. Today he is the mascot of Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney World, and Disney Land. You too can learn to draw this iconic cartoon character. See the simple circles that combine to form Mickey’s head and ears? You will use similar shapes to create your character with this Mickey Mouse drawing tutorial.
How to draw Mickey Mouse for kids:
- Start drawing a circle. Draw two smaller circles that connect to the first one. You now have the classic outline of Mickey Mouse ears.
- Draw guidelines across the face, two curved lines that meet at a perpendicular angle. These will help you place the features.
- From the face Draw another circle under the head. This will become Mickey’s body. Draw guide lines along this circle, as well as curved lines that intersect at a perpendicular angle. Notice that the crossbar isn’t in the middle of the circle, it’s at the top.
- Draw two lines under the circle to create the legs. Then include an irregular shape at the bottom of each leg to form the feet.
- Draw two curved lines starting from the torso. These are Mickey’s arms. Draw an oval at the end of each arm to shape their hands.
- Draw arms and legs. Draw curved lines from the body to the hands and feet.
- Draw two buttons on the torso, one in each of the lower quadrants created by the guides. These are Mickey’s iconic buttons.
- Erase the vertical guide of the torso, leaving the outline of Mickey’s red pants. Draw the pant legs.
- Draw three curved lines coming down from the torso; Draw a short line at the top of the centerline. Then connect the lines with curved lines to enclose the pant legs.
Step 4: Erase the guides for the legs. Then erase the bottom of the leg and part of the shoe. Instead, draw a donut shape with two curved lines. Repeat on the remaining leg. These are Mickey’s socks or the top of his shoe.
Step 5: Outline the bottom half of Mickey’s face using overlapping curved lines. Note the curve of each cheek and chin. Erase some of the guides on the face. Use the remaining guides to shape the area around the eyes. Enclose each eye with a long curved line.
Step 6: Erase all the guidelines from inside the face.
- Then use curved lines to draw the smile, open mouth, tongue, and outlines at the corners of the mouth.
- Erase the guides for the legs. Then erase the bottom of the leg and part of the shoe. Instead, draw a donut shape with two curved lines. Repeat on the remaining leg. These are Mickey’s socks or the top of his shoe.
- Outline the bottom half of Mickey’s face using overlapping curved lines. Note the curve of each cheek and chin. Erase some of the guides on the face. Use the remaining guides to shape the area around the eyes. Enclose each eye with a long curved line.
Step 8: Erase the guidelines of the hands.
- Erase the guidelines for the arms and part of the arms on the dolls. Instead, draw a rounded shape with curved lines. This represents the cuff of the glove.
- A wavy line in the shape of an “S” extends from the torso. This forms Mickey’s tail.
Step 10: It’s time to color Mickie’s mouse, he wears red shorts and yellow shoes.
Step by Step Mickey Mouse Drawing:
Did You know the Facts about MICKEY MOUSE from Disney:
Mickey Mouse is Walt Disney’s largest retail franchise.
He first appeared on screen in 1923 and then in comics in 1930.
Mickey has a girlfriend named Mini Mouse
This mouse is representative of unprofessionalism as there is the phrase “Please do a good job and don’t do it to Mickey Mouse”.
It is the largest recipient of children’s activities and parks, hence it also appears in children’s supplies such as clocks, clothing, games, etc.
Australia represented him as the King of Moomba at their annual Moomba Festival to pay tribute to him.